Yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another Krafty Chicks Challenge. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week! With all this rain we have been getting (needing) in Central Alberta, it's been a tad chilly lately. The furnace has even come to life a few times to warm us up in the mornings. Almost feels like we should have snow on the ground. Almost!!
Now how about this scene to get you in the festive creating mood! I was cleaning out my iPad pics and this one cried out at me: "Today is the day we do this!" Who am I to argue with the voices??
There are quite a few steps to creating a scenic card. First I stamped and die cut all my "bits". Stamped my mountain range first on the panel and another on copy paper to create a mask. Took the Blending Brush to the sky. Stamped a few naked (as my grandsons would say) trees and some pine or spruce trees as well in the background. Last step is to layer all my die cuts and stamp the greeting.
Supplies I used:
- Alpine Adventure stamp set: retired
- Winter Woods stamp set: retired
- Mountain Air stamp set: 151610
- Thick Basic White card stock:159229
- Real Red card stock: 102482
- Garden Green card stock: 102584
- Crumb Cake card stock: 1209553
- Pool Party ink pad: 126982
- Real Red ink pad: 147084
- Crumb Cake ink pad: 147116
- Garden Green ink pad: 147089
- Gray Granite ink pad: 147118
- Smoky Slate ink pad: 147113
- In The Woods dies: retired
- Alpine Sport dies: retired
- Stitched Curves: other brand
- Tasteful Textiles 3D Embossing Folder:152718
- Blending Brushes: 153611
- Sponge: retired
- Linen Thread: 104199
- Mini Stampin' Dimensionals: 144108
I like to keep the inside of the cards I create simple so as to leave plenty of room to write a personal message. Often times it's a strip of the dominant colour card stock with a stamped image coordinating with the card. And then something similar for the envelope. And that's a wrap!
Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place for you to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.
Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's Blogs:
Carol's Blog (Guest Designer)