Thursday, May 13, 2021

Krafty Chicks Challenge #559 - Christmas

Good day everyone! It's Christmas week for the Krafty Chicks Challenge that starts today. I know, who wants to think Christmas when Spring is here and Summer is just around the corner, I can feel it. But if you think about it and start making the holiday cards along with the Design Team, you'll have 12 ready to go cards. You won't have to rush to create during that busy time of year, just write your message, sign your name and address the envelope. Heck! You can do that now too, just add postage and mail it in December. My point: it's never too early for Christmas!

I picked my stamp set first and had a whole other idea for a card. It's funny how things turned around once I found this DSP (Designer Series Paper). Originally, I was going to use the DSP as a background to a stamped snowman, possibly punched out and stuck onto a rectangle matte. I still might create that card. 

But when I saw this pretty little snowman, already cut and ready to go, it was just waiting to be showcased. I then found a matte in Shaded Spruce. It was too small but when I off-set it, it looked good. Then I added the red/snow strip and it clicked in my head, let's go with this. It looked perfect on the striped matte. I thought of just adhering that to a white card base but that just didn't look finished. You know me and my layers, or more like my aversion to white space. That's when I added the Shaded Spruce panel, that needed snowflakes. Added my sentiment and I was really happy at how it just rolled out! Pretty!

Supplies I used:

  • Snowman Season stamp set: 158341
  • Thick Basic White card stock: 159229
  • Shaded Spruce card stock: 146981
  • Basic Black card stock: 121045
  • Let It Snow! Specialty Designer Series Paper: retired but still well loved
  • Shaded Spruce ink pad: 147088
  • VersaMark: 102283
  • Heat Tool: 129053
  • White Embossing Powder: 155554 (bundled with Black and Clear)
  • Black Stampin' Dimensionals: 150893
  • Paper Snip Scissors: 103579

 
 
Using some of the scraps I had left of the DSP, I kept the decor simple on the inside of the card. A littlefussy cutting of mini trees, a thin strip of Shaded Spruce, and a sentiment. For the envelope, I stamped the snowflakes to coordinate it with the card front. While I looked at some scraps, I noticed that I could paper piece the snowman and hid the cut marks under the scarf. It was a perfect finish!
 

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to get more details about the challenge and see more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place for you to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Nance's Blog

Lori's Blog (off this week)

Kim's Blog (Guest Designer)

 

 


1 comment:

  1. Wicked card friend, so awesome I like that background snow flakes, hope we don't get any tonight they are calling for. Yikes my poor flowers. Hugs, and have a great day! L:)

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...