Thursday, May 25, 2023

Krafty Chick Challenge #665: All Occasion

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. All Occasions is the theme, so pretty much anything goes. Here's my card:


So I had fun with this card. I followed along with Inkspirational Challenge #290: Moodboard. I used Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green ink, a retired decorative mask, and a butterfly.


 


In order to mimic the chevron, I used a leafy pattern. Then I stamped the small images from the Beautiful Balloons stamp set in many of the leaves. My background layer cases in colour to their green and coral leaf image. And I had to dig out a recently retired butterfly die. I wanted a similar alcohol ink look and the Artistically Inked stamp set has the perfect image. Now let's have a closer look at the details.


You can barely tell but I went so far as to colour the Brass Butterflies with my Calypso Coral Stampin' Blend to help pop it on the card. It kind of got lost.

The last thing I did is coordinate the inside of the card and the envelope with a little more of the decorative mask.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for All Occasions week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

 Taty (Guest Designer)


I was in a rush to get my card posted (been a long day and a long week coming), I didn't have time to give you the supplies I used list and links. If I can squeeze in a moment this weekend, I'll create that for you.
 

1 comment:

  1. Now you make me want to get my stencils out again, love it, and great job with the butterfly popped up, cool card friend, happy crafting! Cheers, L:)

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #712: CAS

Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you! Are you ready for this week's challenge?? On the third week of the month, I'm the hostess and ...