Thursday, August 12, 2021

Krafty Chicks Challenge #572: Christmas Week

Yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week!

I recently received my pre-order from the new Mini July-December 2021 catalogue and just had to use the Merriest Moments Bundle. It comes with a stamp set, coordinating dies and a Hybrid Embossing folder. I was so excited to play around. You won't "get" it until you buy yours!

Supplies I used:

  • Merriest Moments stamp set: 156353
  • Merriest Frames Hybrid Embossing Folder 156385
  • Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine: 149653
  • Mossy Meadow ink pad: 147111
  • Merry Merlot ink pad: 147112
  • Crushed Curry ink pad: 147087
  • Thick Basic White card stock:159229
  • Mossy Meadow card stock: 133676
  • Gold Foil Sheets: 132622
  • Gold Wink of Stella: retired
  • Stampin' Dimensionals: 104430

When I started putting my layers together, I didn't mind the simplicity of just embossing the panel and popping the sentiment. It was pretty on it's own, and if I was in a hurry, I could have left it just like that. But we all know, I love layers. So I kept going. Added some poinsettias and holly leaves but it still needed something: dazzle. In came the glitter splatters to finish it off.


I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope just as CAS. This time a simple strip of green and gold on the bottom topped with holly leaves and berries for the inside of the card. And for the envelope, stamped the poinsettia in the corner and randomly all over the flap. Added some holly leaves to fill in the gaps and it's done.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Nance's Blog

Lori's Blog

Lisa (Guest Designer) 


 

1 comment:

  1. Such an elegant pretty card friend, I like the embossing and the coloring of the poinsettias...wonderful job!! Have a great day! Hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...