Thursday, August 26, 2021

Krafty Chicks Challenge #574: All Occasions

Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. All Occasions is the theme, so pretty much anything goes. Here's my card:

 

I created this card from a challenge issued by a Demonstrator support group on Facebook. It's a Case The Catty (catalogue) challenge and they gave us the sketch.

I will also be entering my card in Cupcake Inspirations' challenge #526. The theme is Take Flight. My first thought was a hot air balloon and I have a retired stamp set perfect for this challenge but I went with the dragonflies again. It was almost butterflies though.

I can't believe that it's the first time I use that stamp set. It's fine time I showed it some love. I used gold embossing powder on vellum for the sentiment, and absolutely LOVE the look.

Supplies I used:

  • Happiest of Birthdays stamp set: 152539.
  • VersaMark ink pad: 102283
  • Thick Basic White card stock: 159229
  • Blackberry Bliss card stock: 133675
  • Dandy Garden Designer Series Paper: retired
  • Vellum card stock: 101856
  • Heat tool: 129053
  • Gold embossing powder: 155555
  • Dragonflies punch: 154240
  • Multipurpose liquid glue: 110755
  • Stampin' Dimensionals: 104430

Since I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope simple, I just added a strip of Blackberry Bliss with a couple of dragonflies and a bit of DSP onto the envelope flap. Maybe you hadn't noticed yet but all those dragonflies are not stamped images, they are all punched from DSP which made for a quick and easy card and matching envelope.

Now head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for All Occasions week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Lisa J's (Guest Designer) 


 

5 comments:

  1. Girl this is wonderful, I like the layout very much and so nice the sentiment, bold and great. Way to go my friend. Have a great day! Cheers, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, what a fantastic card for all three challenges, and I love the gold on the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love that large sentiment and the trio of dragonflies. Such a wonderful touch! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful design, love the layers and details on your card. Thank you for playing along with us over at Cupcake Inspirations. Kanan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful card and design with those dragonflies. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake inspirations! Hugs Bhavya

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #708: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!  Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog . All Occasions is the...