Friday, April 1, 2022

Friday Inspiration: Freshly Made Sketches #529

 Welcome back to my blog and thank you for stopping in today. Here's some Friday Inspiration to get you into the crafting mood this weekend. For the next little while I will be playing with current stamp set that are on the Last Chance List. That means they are retired on May 3! That means you have one month (and it goes by fast) until May 2, 2022 at 11:59pm to order any product that made that list! That means once supplies are gone, they are sold out forever! That means they need lots of love right now.

EDIT TO ADD: Sadly Timeless Tropical is not longer available.

Today I decide to use the Timeless Tropical stamp set. It does have a coordinating die set, In The Tropic's Dies (still available and on sale for $28.80, amazing deal) but I don't own it. I figured most of the images were easy enough to fussy cut and I don't mind fussy cutting. If you are not one of those people, then the dies are a must-have!

I chose this stamp set because I have never given it much love. I only ever used one sentiment. I won the set at On Stage a few years ago and I'm not sure why it's still uninked. I love the font on the sentiments, the flowers images are perfect to colour with my Stampin' Blends, I don't care for the pineapple but that should not stop me from using the Timeless Tropical stamp set.

Supplies I used:


No card is ever complete without finishing the inside and the envelope. I had a hard time this time deciding. I do have some of the retired DSP that coordinated but since it wasn't on the card, I didn't feel I should incorporate it. So palm trees it is! Maybe you can't tell but I had a little snafu with blending on the inside card. I forgot to tap off the excess ink before putting it to paper. I kind of sort of fixed it with my Water Painter. I gently moved the colour over to even it out, being careful not to over saturate the paper. It has removed the "splotch" and has given it a watercolor look instead of the blending look on the rest of the card. I'm calling it a win anyway.

I'm entering my card in the Freshly Made Sketches challenge. I love their CAS layouts and often refer back to their sketches.

Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration and squeeze in some crafty time this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card! I just love that serene scene you've created! Makes me want to be there! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene for a rest & relax sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a peaceful scene! Very pretty! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scene! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #714: Stamps

Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!  It's the first week of a brand new month, which means it's our STAMP week challenge. As long ...