Friday, April 8, 2022

Friday Inspiration: Freshly Made Sketched #530

Welcome back to my creative blog and thank you from stopping in today. Here's some Friday Inspiration to get you in the crafting mood this weekend. 

A little SNEAK PEEK at a stamp set that is coming in the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalogue. It goes live on May 3, 2022. Ask your demonstrator for one! If you currently do not have a demonstrator and live in Canada, I'd be happy to send one your way. Message me at su.ink.outside.the.box@gmail.com

Demonstrators were challenged to create a swap card for the annual On Tour event. It's a virtual business convention where we learn a little and connect with other demonstrators. Four stamp sets were randomly sent to those who registered. I received the hardest one to create with: Limited Edition.


 It's the Angel Policy stamp set. In case you didn't know this: If you sell your creations using Stampin' Up! images, you MUST use a copyright stamp in a visible area; most crafters put it on the back of the card, scrapbook page, 3D item, etc. Most of us don't actually create anything using this stamp set. So I had to think outside the box on this one. Then I stumbled across the Freshly Made Sketches site...

I instantly knew what I wanted to do. With a little help of the New Horizons DSP and the Mountain Air stamp set, I got straight to it. I created a scene on top of the DSP that was a watercoloured background of sky and land. I just enhanced the landscape with actual images of trees and mountains. 

Little tip: You can cut your stamps to separate the sentiment from the image. Or do what I did and tape off the part you don't want to ink up. Just remember though to remove the tape after inking and before stamping.

Supplies I used:


 To complete the card set, I stamped the mountains and trees on the inside of the card and the envelope flap. I liked the two trees stamp so I put that on the front of the envelope. It ties in with the landscape of trees in the background.

Hope you enjoyed today's inspiration and squeeze in some crafty time this weekend!


2 comments:

  1. So creative - beautifully done! And yes you got the hardest one to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, friend! Awesome scene xoxxoo

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #714: Stamps

Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!  It's the first week of a brand new month, which means it's our STAMP week challenge. As long ...