Thursday, June 16, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #616: CAS

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Are you ready for this week's challenge? I'm the hostess and we are looking for CAS, as in Clean And Simple. Here's my card:

I created this card for my eldest grandson as invitations to his birthday party in July. I had to make 5 of them so I wanted something fairly simple, hardest part was the fussy cutting. I let the New Horizon's DSP give the outer space feel. Then traced the astronaut with a Micron pen (he was just too "flat" without the oultine). The planet was created using the "rock & roll" technique; you stamp solid image in base colour, then roll the stamps edges in a different colour.

As I am in a rush this week to create these invites and another set of invites for the youngest grandson also, I didn't take pic of the supplies I use. Life is a tad busy with the Grand Opening of the other pizza shop, gardening, housework, family, crafting and  resting. I keep saying one more week and life as I knew it will go back to normal but there's still yet another week.

Supplies I used: (links to follow)

  • Blast Off stamp set: retired
  • Make a Wish stamp set: retired
  • Thick Basic White card stock: 159229
  • Daffodil Delight card stock: 119683
  • Basic Black card stock: 121045
  • New Horizon's DSP: 157768 (retiring soon)
  • Smokey Slate ink pad: 147113
  • Sahara Sand ink pad: 147117
  • Rich Razzleberry ink pad: 147091
  • Natural Tones Stampin' Blends, Medium Light: 159463
  • VersaMark ink pad: 102283
  • Heat Tool: 129053
  • White Embossing powder: 155554
  • Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine: 149653
  • Stitched Stars dies: retired
  • Paper Snip Scissors: 103579
  • 1 1/4" circle punch: retired
  • Sponge daubers: 133733
  • Stampin' Dimensionals: 104430

I didn't need an envelope this time since Kenley will be hand-delivering these invites to his school friends. And I kept the inside CAS as well.

Want some more inspiration?? Go check out the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to see what the Design Team have created. Hope you play along and upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Diny (Guest Designer) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...