Thursday, August 11, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #624: Christmas

Yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week! 

Another new bundle from the July-December Mini Catalogue. I already had a retired stamp set with candy canes in it but I felt I needed this one too. Here I'm following the August Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers sketch again.


I tried real hard making a monochromatic card but I couldn't accept a red Christmas card without a bit of green. I kept it to a minimum though, so it's a soft passing grade.

In this close up, I tried the tip I posted in my Facebook Group, Diane's Craft Space. Using a fine tip glue in a decorative pattern (dots and dashes) to adhere the vellum card stock. Genius idea! I need to practice a bit more, I think I didn't put it on thick enough or I was too slow at setting it up. Still looks good!

Supplies I used:

I finished off the inside of the card and the envelope with a couple of candy canes and some DSP. Easy Peasy wow factor! Truly worth the extra effort and only takes a couple extra minutes.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Marcia (Guest Designer) 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...