Thursday, August 4, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #623: Stamp Act

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Let us welcome August, the last month of summer vacation for most people. We've gotten lots of rain this season, which is good for the garden and the grass and our farmers but I think it can taper off now any time. Weather is so unpredictable, especially in Alberta. This weekend is going to be a scorcher (by our standards, lol) with a high of 27 degrees Celcius and full sun. Let's enjoy it for the next couple days and till Wednesday.

Onto my card for this week's Krafty Chicks Challenge : Stamp Act. As long as something is stamped, be it an image or a sentiment, it qualifies for the Stamp Act challenge.

I'm playing along with the August sketch from a Facebook group called Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers (BYSHC). You can find their blog here BYSH Cardmakers. I'm going to be using this sketch at least once a week this month. Oh did I mention, life is settling down now and I'll be back in the Craft Space more doing the things I love again. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself!!


I finally played with my lovely new gnomes stamp set. I had fun colouring this guy with my Stampin' Blends. Who am I kidding? I love colouring anything with my Blends.


 Since I used the snowflake pattern from the Storybook Gnomes DSP, I used every shade of blue Blends that I have. Ain't he just the cutest??? Starting your Blends collection can be very daunting. Where does one start?? This is how I started. I looked at my stamp collection to find what images I have most of: FLOWERS. Flowers need green, so I picked 2 different ones: Old Olive and Mossy Meadow are my favourite shades of green. Then picked out a pink, a red, and a yellow (Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, Daffodil Delight). I bought the combo packs of course, that's a dark and a light version of each colour. And that was enough to get me started. I practiced and practiced and disliked my results at first but then I got better and so now I'm still practicing and getting even better. Honestly unless you're an artist, that's the only way you'll get the hang of it. My collection is not complete YET but I do have lots. Every other order or so I included one or two new shades.

Supplies I used:

I kept the inside of the card and the envelope CAS. I just added some DSP scraps and a few snowflakes.

Need more inspiration for the Stamp Act challenge, hop on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to get the details. And upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Marcia (Guest Designer) 


 

3 comments:

  1. What an absolutely ADORABLE gnome card Diane!! And I'd say you've mastered those blends quite wonderfully too as your little gnomie is colored just beautifully! I love the dsp and the layout too...sweet, sweet card! Thanks so much for letting me tag along with you talented ladies this month...I'm honored!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you blew this one out of the park....OMGOsh cute, great image and the snowflakes nicely done. Wonderful card friend! Have a great day! Hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring looks wonderful, such a perfect image to use for the sketch, and I love that snowflake paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...