Thursday, August 25, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #626: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. All Occasions is the theme, so pretty much anything goes. Here's my card:


 I sure had some fun with this card. Went to Pinterest for inspiration and I cased Melody from Stampin' Through The Catalog on Facebook.

I made this card with two girls, age 8, in mind. I thought fussy cutting would be time consuming and most likely boring to repeat 4 times (though I love the effect and the dimension it gives to the card). I pulled out my Stamparatus instead, I'd bet they'd love playing with that tool. And it was simpler to do rainbow colours, then I wouldn't need to figure out favourite colours. I didn't use This Birthday Piggy because I knew these girls love cows. I used the Hippest Hippo stamp set (FREE SAB product with a $60 purchase), instead. I stamped and coloured all three of the hippos, one was a gray hippo, one was a brown cow and the last was a black spotted cow. Can you tell I'm a city girl?? This gave the girls options and they were not stuck with doing exactly as my card.

 As it turns out the girls wanted to create last week's CAS card, using different decorative masks and colours. One coloured a hippo and the other a brown cow. And they had a blast getting all artsy and would love to do it again. Might have to host a kids class!


Supplies I used:

  • Hippest Hippos stamp set: 159921 (SAB, available until August 31, 2022 or supplies last)
  • Paper Pumpkin sentiment: retired
  • Poppy Parade ink pad: 147050
  • Pumpkin Pie ink pad: 147086
  • Daffodil Delight ink pad: 147094
  • Granny Apple Green ink pad: 147095
  • Pacific Point ink pad:147098
  • Gorgeous Grape ink pad: 147099
  • Staz-On ink pad: 101406
  • Stampin' Write Markers, Neutrals: 147158
  • Stampin' Write Markers, Brights: 147157
  • Stampin' Write Marker, Subtles: 147156
  • Thick Basic White card stock: 159229
  • Gorgeous Grape card stock: 146987
  • Stamparatus: 146276
  • Stampin' Cut & Embossing machine: 149653
  • Hippos Dies: 159928 (SAB, available until August 31, 2022 or supplies last)
  • Sponge Dauber: 133773
  • Stampin' Dimensionals: 104430

Ok, so I'm a dork! I didn't show you a pic of the inside. Oops! I put a 1/2" strip of DSP that's all, the one that matches the envelope. I kept it CAS but really it's because I didn't want to colour another cow on the inside.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for All Occasions week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Marcia (Guest Designer) 


 

1 comment:

  1. Another marvelous card my friend...makes me laugh, oh so cute!! Hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...