Thursday, September 1, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #627: Stamp Act

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome September and let's hope there's a bit more summer left. It's almost Pumpkin Spice season but let's hold off for as long as we can. In Central Alberta we are in the middle of another heat wave. While I'm loving it on my days off, it's a bit too hot in the pizza shop. Thank goodness for cool nights though!

Anywho!! Onto my card for this week's Krafty Chicks Challenge : Stamp Act. As long as something is stamped, be it an image/digi or a sentiment, it qualifies for the Stamp Act challenge.

It's also sunflower season. I love sunflowers but my husband won't let me grow them. He thinks the root ball is difficult to dig out when cleaning the yard in preparation for winter. So I admire them in my craft space. 

The background was fun to create. I love getting messy in the craft space. I used the Blending Brushes to rub some pink, orange and yellow and overlapped them to create even more shades.
 

When I was happy with the background, I sprinkled some water with a spritz bottle. I was sure to add some bigger droplets as well as fine mist. Then I watered down a bit of the White ink refill and splattered it with a water painter. I could have skipped this step however, it didn't look much whiter than the spritzed water.

I put some adhesive sheet behind my background where I was going to die cut my sunflower. Then I placed each individual petal in the right spot. If you receive this card, know that I love you or really appreciate something you've done for me. It was fun and calming though, so I would go through the trouble again.

Once all the little bits were in place, I then removed the sunflower outline die cut and I'm saving it for another project. Wait till you see that one! Added some dimensionals to the background. So the petals are flat on the card stock and the background is popped up.

Supplies I used:

I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope clean and simple with some left over bits of blended card stock and leaf outline die cuts. You don't need much to make it pretty and have it coordinate.

Need more inspiration for the Stamp Act challenge, hop on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to get the details. And upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Judy (Guest Designer) 


 

2 comments:

  1. Dang friend you are rocking these backgrounds, such a pretty "Gorgeous" card. Way to go! Cheers, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card on the Krafty Chicks blog and just had to come and tell you how gorgeous it is. I so admire people like you who create those fab inky backgrounds.... I am never happy with my efforts when I do thinks like that so stick to pretty papers instead. This is a beautiful sunflower and whoever receives this card will be very fortunate indeed.

    Best wishes Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...