Thursday, August 10, 2023

Krafty Chicks Challenge #676: Christmas

Oh yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week!

 I don't know if you know this about me but I love getting messy when I get creative. This ombre background was a little of that. I posted a challenge last weekend on my Facebook group page to play with the colour PINK. So of course I had to play along and provide inspiration.

 I first picked three shades of pink: Bubble Bath, Melon Mambo, Berry Burst. Using my Blending Brushes, I created the ombre background. A little spritz of water created the splatters. Then I kept creating more backgrounds using each colour individually, leaving me with 4 panel.

 For this card, I used the Bubble Bath background panel and the tri-coloured panel for the die cut sentiment. I created another card using the negative and that's what I posted to Facebook. See it here: Joy card.

 I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope simple. Add little more card stock, DSP or an image even if you wish, and it finishes off your card.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Kimberly (Guest Designer) 

4 comments:

  1. This is so special and JOYFUL with the added silver bells!!! LOVELY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I just saw your comment, thank you so much for saying that you scrolled through my blog. A lot of the time I think, "Why do I even blog anymore, no one looks at it really...?"
    It is nice to know YOU are the ONE person that did look at it this year (chuckle --chuckle --or should it be Cackle Cackle-cluck?!!!) It has been a complete pleasure joining you all this month. Much love & crafty HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome background, love the effect of the splattering, and those Christmas bell dies are great, really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card, friend! Love this background...might have to give this technique a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #715: Christmas

Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .  Welcome to week 2 of our challenges and that's to use a Christ...