Saturday, February 27, 2021

Use Your Scraps #1 (New series)

Welcome to a new series called

USE YOUR SCRAPS

This series will encourage you to use up your itty bitty scrap card stock or designer paper left over from previous projects.

Most of my scrap card stock are strips about 1/2" wide from when I cut my quarter panels out of full sheets. I admit when I have too many of these in my scrap pile, I toss them. I surely do not use them to their full potential. They are mostly used on the inside of a card. But I am certain we can create masterpieces with them as well. Hence the start of this series. My goal for this new series is to post a new project at least once a month but it may be more often as the series comes to life.

Let's get started!

 
I was having so much fun making the strip panels that I decided to create a card set. I chose the colours from the You Are Amazing Project Kit (155370) in the Mini JJ2021 Catalogue: Bermuda Bay, Pretty Peacock, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, and added some Gold Foil strips as well.
 
For all cards, I used the following and then decorated each with a different sentiment.
  • Thick Basic White card stock (8 1/2" x5 1/2")
  • Basic White panel (4 7/8" x 3 5/8") mounted on a colour panel (5" x 3 3/4")
  • Scrap Strips of various colours (3 5/8" x 1/2')
  • Basic White focal panel (4" x 2 7/8") with a butterfly cut out.
Now for a close up of each card.
 
 
For this card, the matte is Pretty Peacock as is the HAPPY which is from the Playful Alphabet Dies. I used the Well Said stamp set stamped with Pretty Peacock ink. Added a little bling with the Frosted and Clear Epoxy Droplets.
 

For this card, the matte is Bermuda Bay as is the SYMPATHY which is from the Well Written Dies. I used the Well Said stamp set stamped with Bermuda Bay ink. Added a little wow with Pearl Basic Jewels.
 
 
For this card, the matte is Granny Apple Green as is the YOU which is from the Playful Alphabet Dies. I used the Well Said stamp set again stamped with Granny Apple Green ink. Added a little bling with some Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
 

For this card, the matte is a Gold Foil panel as is the CONGRATS which is a retired die. I used the Well Said stamp set stamped in Pretty Peacock ink. Added a little bling with some Gilded Gems.
 

 
 

For this card, the matte is Flirty Flamingo as is the THANK YOU which a retired die. I used the retired Another Thank You stamp set stamped with Flirty Flamingo ink. Added a little bling with the Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
 
I have not completed the inside or the envelopes yet to this card set but I'll be in the near future so that I can gift these to a friend.
 
List of the current products used for all the cards which you can purchase on my ONLINE STORE and the following product codes.
 
Stamp set:    Well Said (148796)
Card Stock:    Thick Basic White (159229), Basic White (159276), Pretty Peacock (150880), Bermuda Bay (131197), Granny Apple Green (146990), Flirty Flamingo (141416), Gold Foil Sheet (132622)
Ink:    Pretty Peacock (150083), Bermuda Bay (147096), Granny Apple Green (147095), Flirty Flamingo (147052)
Dies:    Playful Alphabet (152706), Well Written (151816)
Bling:    Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets (147801), Pearl Basic Jewels (144219), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (144220), Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels (151193), Gilded Gems (152478)

Happy Stampin'
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...