Friday, February 4, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #521

Welcome back. I'm so glad you stopped in today. I have another simple  card to show you today.


I'm playing along with two challenges for this card. My layout is using this week's Freshly Made Sketches. In case you missed it, I made it as one of the Perfect Princesses for last week's challenge. Yay! And for my colour choices, I'm following the Color Throwdown's Valentine charcuterie board colour scheme.


I thought for sure it would be easy using pink, red and kraft together, especially making Valentine cards but I did struggle a bit. I ended up using Petal Pink DSP (this is where I had issues), Real Red matte layer, Melon Mambo for the flowers and Crumb Cake for the base.

Supplies I used:



For the inside of the card, I stamped and coloured the cherry blossom. Have I mentioned how much I love colouring. I also added it to the envelope with some DSP on the flap. Now I have a coordinating set. I'll throw in a tip here:

When colouring with Stampin' Blends on your envelopes, insert a scrap paper in the envelope to absorb the bleed through. I usually remember this step but I was rushing to get it done. Don't do that either!!! I was going to scrap it, as it's not up to my standards to sell or give to customers but then I thought, my close friends and family won't mind the oopsie.

Well that's all for today. Here's hoping you get some crafty time in this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card! I love the richly colored flowers against the pale backdrop! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an elegant card! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful flower and it's so elegant in those colors with the pattern in the background. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great take on both challenges! This floral stem is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...