Thursday, February 10, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #598: Christmas

Yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week! 


This week I'm a little pressed for time, still doing paper work, prepping for my card club and posting on Facebook. I did squeeze in a little time to play too. This time I played smarter and combined two card themes into one card: Christmas, of course and Throwback Thursday. Trying to show my retired stuff some love. Just because it's not current, doesn't mean it's rendered useless. There's still plenty of life left in this stamp set. 

I know Stampin' Up! has a poinsettia stamp set (Poinsettia Petals) in the current Annual Catalogue but I couldn't justify buying it when I own this gem from the Joyful Christmas stamp set. I almost bought it though, because it has coordinating dies and I wouldn't have to fussy cut the layers. 

I had so much fun colouring with my Stampin' Blends. I stamped the poinsettia twice, coloured one full image, then just the center layer of the other. And fussy cut it out. Remember my tip from a little while back when you're cutting to the outline leaving no border?? Use a black marker and go over your edge to give it a professional finished look.

 
 
Supplies I used:

I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope just as CAS. Added a bit of DSP to coordinate.

Now head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Heather (Guest Designer) 


 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card friend, love the colors the paper and the stamp is wonderful, way to go! Happy Crafting, hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...