Thursday, February 3, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #597: Stamp Act

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome February and more winter weather. According the famous groundhog and his tradition, we have 6 more weeks of it. Let's hope it's on the mild side. I wouldn't mind a bit more snow though, just not a blizzard.

Onto my card for this week's Krafty Chicks Challenge : Stamp Act. As long as something is stamped, be it an image or a sentiment, it qualifies for the Stamp Act challenge.

February is also the month of LOVE! So I'll be creating lots of love, Valentine, anniversary type cards for the next couple of week, starting with this one. This is also a Throwback Thursday card. Just about everything I used has been retired; the stamp set, the dies, the mask too.

I wanted dimension and I forgot all about the Foam Adhesive Sheets when I die cut the word LOVE. So I die cut it two more times, then used liquid glue to adhere all the layers. It's a little fiddly getting the letters to line up. Take your time with this step!

Supplies I used:

I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope CAS. A little masking on the envelope will keep the card flat and not have to add extra postage. When I blended the heart mask onto my card front, I used a full quarter panel. This way, when I trimmed it to size, I used the cut off for the inside. Work smarter, not harder. Sometimes I master this, but honestly I'm not that lucky.

If you need more inspiration for the Stamp Act challenge, hop on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to get the details. And upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Heather (Guest Designer) 


 

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, friend! I love the colors you used! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, nice colors and I like the heart die, cool! Have a great day, cheers, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, one of the best Stampin' Up color combinations!

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...