Saturday, January 29, 2022

Step It Up Saturday

 Well it’s Saturday! For most people that means sleeping in, but oh no, not me. It’s right before the crack of dawn (4:30am) and as I roll over in bed, a thought comes in my head about this post. Now my brain is like a dog with a bone: it won’t let it go until I see it through.

Earlier this week, I posted a simple Beginner card that I cased from the SAB (Sale-A-Bration) brochure on my Facebook group, Diane’s Craft Space.


It came together quickly and used minimal products: stamp, ink, paper, scissors (to fussy cut the ladybug instead of the added cost of the punch) and adhesive. Beginners don’t have much of a card making stash but as shown here, they can still make a pretty awesome card. 

Once I finished this card, I thought, this can easily be stepped up for a Casual card maker.


On this card, instead of stamping my background, I added DSP (Designer Series Paper). I also added a matte for the sentiment, black dots and a small bow to the lady bug. These additions are quite inexpensive to purchase once you already own stamp, ink, paper, basic tools and adhesive.

Now comes the stepped up version for the Avid crafter. They have been card making for some time, they already own the basics and can now add the big guns to their collection of craft supplies.


Here we introduce the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine, a die and an embossing folder as well as the coordinating Ladybug Builder punch. Now I’m not saying a Beginner can’t use or afford the big guns. They can. If they have the budget and some tutelage, it can easily be done. It’s just most Beginners need to pace themselves into the art of card making supplies and knowledge. It’s also good for an Avid or Casual stamper to go back to basics sometimes. Sometimes less is more and more doesn’t mean better.

Here are my cards side by side to compare “skill” levels.


Supplies used Beginner:

Add on supplies for Casual stamper:
Add on for the Avid crafter:
I hope you enjoyed seeing my stepped up versions of a very simple card. Here is the inspiration from the SAB brochure:

Have yourself a very merry Saturday! Make some time this weekend to get your craft on. I’m off for coffee number two and fingers crossed: a nap this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...