Thursday, January 13, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #594: Christmas

Yeah, it's Thursday! Time for another great challenge from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. Let's put the spotlight on Christmas this week! Here's my card:

 

I had fun making this card. First time using the Gilded Leafing (I made two cards back in December). Tip: don't breathe near it! It's actually quite easy to use, just a few steps and everything is golden! For the sentiment though, I used gold embossing powder. I'll admit to trying the Gilded Leafing but that was a mess.

 
You can see the sentiment better in this close up. But I also wanted to show you the bow. This thread is retired now but I can never seem to get rid of ribbons and threads. I just did a few loops around my hand and then tied a smaller thread to the middle. I fiddled a bit, pulling some longer loops and creating smaller ones in the process and then frayed the ends.
 

Supplies I used:

 

I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope CAS. Here I added some pine cones, a strip of Evening Evergreen to the inside of the card and the DSP to the flap of the envelope to tie them all together.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for Christmas week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Darnell (Guest Designer) 


 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love that gold and the paper/dies..awesome way to go! Hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a wonderful job of showcasing the products, Diane! This design is Christmas from top to bottom and all the way to the envelope! I love all the shiny gold, the fab bow, and the rustic touch of burlap! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...