Thursday, January 6, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #593: Stamp Act

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome January and a whole New Year before us. Do you set Resolutions?? I've given up on actual resolutions but I do plan out the goals I'd like to achieve and work on making myself a better person in all aspects of my life, like health and nutrition, finances, family, personal attributes (short tempered these days, that needs to change), adding more craft time and dedicating more time to grow my business in terms of classes, online presence and social media.

Onto my card for this week's Krafty Chicks Challenge : Stamp Act. As long as something is stamped, be it an image or a sentiment, it qualifies for the Stamp Act challenge.

This was a really fun card to make. It's a new product in the January-June Mini Catalogue 2022 (JJMC2022). Ladybugs are one of my favourite summer things, they make me smile. I have a few garden painted rocks, a metal yard decoration, my grandson also painted a ceramic for my birthday last year because he knew how much I liked them. It pretty much ranks as high a Gnomes for winter for me. And I will most likely buy all the Ladybug stamp sets from here on out.

Here's a tip for Builder Punches: On over sized scrap paper (this is retired Cucumber Crush card stock 4"x3"), punch out the ladybug as a template. Use your Stamparatus to line up the stamps in there rightful spot. I put one image on each side of the platform since I'm using two different colours. I needed to stamp image twice to get a true solid colour. When done stamping, remove your template (store it in the stamp case for future use), line up your Builder Punch with stamped image and punch. If you are using the same colour for all elements on the Builder Punch, line them on on the same side of the platform, stamp all at once, punch all at once.You could also line them up on a clear block if you only need to stamp once.

Supplies I used:


I went with real simple for inside of the card and the envelope. A little DSP and an extra ladybug is all it needs to finish it off.

Need more inspiration for the Stamp Act challenge, hop on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to get the details. And upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Darnell (Guest Designer) 


 

3 comments:

  1. Such a great card, hey that punch is great too. Awesome as usual, have a great day friend! Hugs, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, cute card and that sentiment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, friend - I love ladybugs too - they are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...