Thursday, January 20, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #595: CAS

 Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Are you ready for this week's challenge? I'm the hostess and we are looking for CAS, as in Clean And Simple. Here's my card:

I created this card as my monthly thank you cards for customers that buy from me in January. I like to send a little note of appreciation for their business. This time I played along with the latest sketch from Global Design Project

This sketch is perfect for our CAS challenge. Originally, I wasn't going to add the DSP but I could see how it anchored the butterfly. Plus it helps me use up my stash, I've got hoards of it. And that wasn't the only decision I had to make.

Top THANK YOU is in Memento Jet Black ink. Bottom is using Versamark and black embossing powder. Well, that was a no brainer after I heat set the embossing powder. Don't you agree?

Supplies I used:

One more decision to make. Although the black inked butterflies are beautiful, there was too much black for me. I stamped in Basic Gray also to compare. I'm happier with the gray. But I had no intentions of colouring the butterflies so it worked for this card and envelope.

I finished off the inside of the card and the envelope with a strip of DSP and a butterfly.

Want some more inspiration?? Go check out the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog to see what the Design Team have created. Hope you play along and upload your project so that we can see what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Darnell (Guest Designer) 


 


3 comments:

  1. I like butterflies and you made this CAS beautiful, and the embossing has WOW factor for sure. Bold and beautiful for sure! Have a good day! Cheers, L:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic CAS card, and definitely worth the time to heat emboss the sentiment, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job using some of your hoard, Diane! The pp looks great behind the gorgeous black butterfly and shiny black sediment. I love the inside and envie, too, which, slap, I never think to do! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #712: CAS

Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you! Are you ready for this week's challenge?? On the third week of the month, I'm the hostess and ...