Friday, January 28, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #520

 Welcome back, I’m so glad you stopped in. I have a simple card to share with you today.

I played along with the layout from Freshly Made Sketches #520. As soon as I saw it, I thought of the big half rainbow die from the Brilliant Rainbow dies.

I apologize for featuring the Rainbow Of Happiness Bundle again but I can't get enough of it. And you have to agree with the big half rainbow is perfect for this sketch. I went with a more pastel tone than the vibrant colours of a usual rainbow. Originally I was going to use the Sunshine & Rainbows DSP from the SAB (Sale-A-Bration) brochure but every paper I picked would be too wide and cover too much of the rainbow. I thought of white ribbon next and was happy that I can see through enough to still see the rainbow.

Supplies Used:


I kept the inside of the card as simple as possible with a simple strip of card stock and a star. For the envelope, I used one of the card stock panels that has the rainbow die cut out as a stencil and a sponge dauber to add the colours and stuck another star.


Well that's all for today! Here's hoping you can squeeze in some crafty time this weekend.



4 comments:

  1. Dang girl this is a nice card, great dies and the sentiment is awesome...way to go! Cheers! Have a great evening/weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on the sketch! The rainbow is a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous use of the sketch! And I love the colors of your rainbow! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a stunning design! I love this soft and fresh color scheme. The stenciled rainbow is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #713: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!   Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog .   All Occasions is ...