Thursday, February 24, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge #600: All Occasions and Throwback Thursday

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!

Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog. All Occasions is the theme, so pretty much anything goes. Here's my card:

I got inspiration from a paper crafter I stumbled upon Facebook, Kimberly Oliver, a Maker Forte Design Team member. I tried to find the card on a blog somewhere to give her proper credit but I cannot find an actual post with that card. Here is Kimberly's: 

I absolutely love that stencil, so I'll have to search for it and buy it. And the bear is quite adorable too. My inspiration was the layout, the stencil, and yellow. And because I'm all about combining my challenges, I used a retired stamp set so my Krafty Chicks All Occasions Challenge card is also a Throwback Thursday card.

I used the small honeycomb die from the coordinating retired Detailed Bee Dies as my stencil (mask), I just kept moving it around until I filled my background the way I liked it. Then I stamped the hive and the bee and die cut them. Stamped the sentiment, embossed it and fussy cut the semi-circle. And to finish off the card: some dots (not in supply picture).

 
Supplies I used:

I like to keep the inside of the card and the envelope just as CAS, a little hive here and a few honey bees there.

Head on over to the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog for more details about the challenge and for more inspiration for All Occasions week from the Design Team. There's even a place to upload your project at the end. I hope you play along with us and show us what's happening in your craft space.

Here's a direct link to our wonderful Design Team's personal blogs:

Leanne's Blog

Melanie's Blog

Lori's Blog

Heather (Guest Designer) 


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice bright refreshing card friend, I like the inking and the stamps great card, have a good day, happy crafting. Hugs, L

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soft yellow stenciling is such a perfect background for your images, and I love that sentiment - the words and the cool shape!

    ReplyDelete

Krafty Chicks Challenge #708: All Occasions

  Happy Krafty Chicks Thursday to you!  Welcome to another great challenge week from the Krafty Chicks Challenge Blog . All Occasions is the...